Grilled Loaded Nachos
- 1 bag (300 g) tortilla chips
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut Tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each diced red and green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced green onions
- Preheat grill to medium. Spread half of the tortilla chips in 13- x 9-inch (33 x 23cm) foil pan.
- Stir together garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and cayenne (if using); sprinkle half over tortilla chips. Scatter half each of the tomatoes, Cheddar, mozzarella and red and green peppers over top. Repeat layers.
- Cover pan with foil; place on grill and close lid. Cook for about 10 minutes or until cheese starts to melt. Remove foil; cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese has melted. Garnish with green onions.
- For super-loaded nachos, add shredded cooked chicken, pico de gallo, guacamole, black beans and sour cream. Serve with lime wedges.