Mocha Almond Crunch
This crunchy delicious treat is perfect for coffee and chocolate lovers. Almonds and popcorn are coated with a coffee and Swiss Miss® Cocoa combination for a mocha flavour.
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1/4 Cup margarine
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 bag (99 g each) Orville Redenbacher’s® Gourmet® Buttery Flavour Microwave Popcorn
- 1 *serving (1/3 sec spray) PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 envelope (1 oz or 28 g) Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1/4 Cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spray 13×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions.
- Remove all unpopped kernels.
- Place popped corn and almonds in pan.
- Combine cocoa mix, coffee crystals and hot water in medium saucepan; stir until crystals are dissolved.
- Add sugar, margarine, corn syrup and salt; place over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- Immediately pour over popcorn mixture and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir again.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool thoroughly.
- Store in tightly sealed container.