Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut
+ Quinoa + Olive Oil + Onion + Carrot + Spinach + Cheese + Parsley
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded carro
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut Tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Using teaspoon, scoop out inside pulp; set aside for other use, or discard.
- Place hollowed out zucchini, cut side up, on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large frypan; cook and stir onion and carrots 3 minutes.
- Set aside 1 cup of the tomatoes; add remaining tomatoes to frypan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa, cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Stir in spinach and pecans, cover and simmer 2 minutes, or until spinach has wilted.
- Spoon quinoa mixture into zucchini boats.
- Top with remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F 16 minutes, or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with parsley.